Wednesday 22 September 2010

Still plugging along...

I'm still at home babysitting the landscaper as he transforms our backyard/garden into a space we can not only use but are actually proud of. No small task, I can assure you... Before pics can be seen here.

Here are some pictures of the last few days of work...



Just this evening the paving stones were finished and pointed but there wasn't enough light left in the day to take a photo so I'm going to do another photo shoot this weekend. I can't wait! Next stage: Decking!

In other news; I'm working on some new projects that have sort of fallen into my lap and I'm excited about the prospects they bring. Here's a sneak peek...


Yes, those are old 45s! I found them next to our skip outside and rescued them from the landfill! They're badly treated and scratched. Totally unplayable but heck! I don't want to play them. I want to play with them!

I plan on transforming them from the shapes they are to some that are more form than function and some shapes that are both form and function!

(On a side note; whomever had these beauties as a similar taste in music to myself! It's all 80s/early 90s Pop... Right Said Fred, Spandau Ballet, The Human League, Prince, Paul McCartney to name but a few. And those are just the few with labels I could save! There's a ton of other ones just as impressive but, sadly, the labels didn't survive. (When I found them, they were so wet they were mouldy and stuck to their covers/each other. Ick.)

Look for them in my Etsy shop, soon! Hooray for Up-Cycling!

Also, I'm in the process of "finding" my sewing machine. It's not actually lost, it's more...hidden buried. It hasn't seen the light of day since I made my wedding dress a while back...


It will be nice to use it again. And boy, will I use it! To continue with the above theme of up-cycling and in the vein of organising my craft space/office/Geek Room I'm getting together all of the no-longer-wearable clothing I've accumulated over the last few years and will be making some cute bags from old jeans, saving them from the landfill, too! I can hardly wait but it is getting tricky trying to find enough hours in the day and days in the week to accomplish all that's spinning around in my little brain. At the moment I have lists. Lots and lots of lists!

One of the main things on that list is "What to bake next?!" I'm thinking I'll bake a vegan cornbread (largely because I know it will go well with the vegan Boston/New England Baked Beans). Do you have any suggestions of dishes you'd like to see me make (or attempt) to make vegan? I'd love to hear your ideas!

And then there's these yummies...


That's right! The now all-but-famous Mrs B bakes totally Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies! The recipe has been perfected, tested and approved and will be shared with you darlings very soon so "stay tuned" for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment